Thursday, February 8, 2007

Polyester pleasures


Smitty got a new sleeping bag yesterday. It is made out some splendidly silky, polyester material that is very slick when slid on carpet, especially with a body inside (perhaps you can see where I am going with this).

Last night, from 7:00 until 8:00, I took Smith to the top of the carpeted stairs, put him into the bottom of the sleeping bag, closed off the top of the bag with my fist, and then ran down the stairs as fast as I could, as Smith bobbed and thudded behind. Some thuds caused Whitley to croon her head around the corner to make sure all Smith's teeth were still in order. Each time we reached the bottom, I heard Smitty's shrieking, wheezing laugh. As soon as he could catch his breath, he would scream, again!

This continued until he laughed so hard, he peed his pants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even I pee my pants at things that funny. (I am related to the pee-in-pants master Whitley, after-all)

-Merrill

spreading the smitty word