Monday, February 26, 2007

Marveling at the Power Rangers

Due to the influence of one of Smith's Cleveland friends, Smith unfortunately loves Power Rangers. We don't let him watch it, or play it on the computer, but he regularly pretends to be a Power Ranger. For the uninitiated, the Power Rangers is a TV show adapted from a Japanese program. In the show, the Rangers morph from humans into superheros wearing brightly colored battle suits featuring helmets to pretect their secret identities. In superhero form, Power Rangers fight like ninjas, punching and kicking everything in sight. They are irritating beyond description.

Smith and I often play computer games together and tonight, we were perusing the Disney website looking for new games we may not yet have tried. Accidently, I clicked on the Power Rangers link. Lights began flashing, loud music with a heavy asian beat blared from the speakers, announcing our entry into the Power Ranger portion of the website. Oh no.

I looked at Smith. This was his lucky day. I couldn't go back now. He looked at me with excitement, then turned his head back to the screen. His jaw dropped in wonderment and awe, taking in every flash of light, and every kick, punch and karate chop. "Dad," he said, "I think my mouth is going to fall off."

No comments:

spreading the smitty word