Sunday, February 25, 2007

At least he is paying attention?

Smith was very attentive today at church. Here are two examples:

1. During the sacrament prayer, he got stuck on the word, "thee." He looked up, turned to me, and asked, "Vee? Dad, what is vee?" I looked at him and enunciated, "Thee. Smith, he is saying thee." He blurted back, "Dee? Vee-Dee? Dad, what is Vee-Dee?" I gave up and tried to divert his attention.

2. I received a calling today. In sacrament meeting, when I was asked to rise for the congregation's sustaining vote, Smith stood up on the bench right along with me. We were in the last row of the chapel. When the congregation raised their hands to sustain me, Smith's hand also shot upward. Then I heard him yell out, "YES!" Heads from every row, all the way to the front of the chapel, turned to look at us. Thanks for the vote of confidence little man.

No comments:

spreading the smitty word