Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Diarrhea of the Mouth?


It has been a long day of Smith. I LOVE the kid, but he literally has not stopped talking since he came home from school at noon. He has loads of ideas running through that little head of his and has let me know every single one. He talks while eating; going to the bathroom; playing with toys; playing a computer game; slipping down the slip and slide; sitting in time-out; riding his bike; looking at books, etc., etc., etc. He can say a prayer and hold a separate conversation ALL AT THE SAME TIME! As I'm trying to write this post he asks me, in one breath:

"Mom. Hey Mom! What speaks louder than actions? Do you know? Well, I do. Fire engines. Really loud ones. You could hear them all the way to Belgium. Hey, then Oma and Apa could hear them too! See, louder than actions. Mom. My eyes don't hurt anymore. I'm almost done with my chicken. . . ."

Sometimes this quality is quite endearing and can fill a dull day with a million fun things to do and talk about and imagine. For some reason, today is not one of those, but we'll keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow.

No comments:

spreading the smitty word