Monday, September 22, 2008

Twitterpated

My little brother Graydon just got engaged last night. Over the summer, we got to spend some time with him and Jenni and we think Smith has a accrued a slight or rather ginormous crush on Jenni. At first he pretended that he couldn't remember her name. Fifty times a day he would ask me, "Mom, what is her name again?" Then he just couldn't stop saying her name. So fifty times a day he would sing, scream, and whisper, "Jenni." While Gray and Jenni were 'watching' a movie one night, Smith went over and snuggled in next to her. Soon, Smith had shimmied his hand into hers and sat holding hands with Gray's Jenni. The following Sunday at church, Smith of course had to sit next to Jenni. I leaned over to see how he was doing and found him sitting, hand in hers, with an enormous grin on his face. Smooth move buddy! Smith is ecstatic about the wedding news since that means Jenni will be around for a long time and I am afraid to say that this means that Merrill may be close to losing out on the favorite aunt status. So sorry Merrill. And Jenni, congratulations and thanks for humoring our Smith.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so funny. Chase loves older women too, but they're all like 10.

Merrill Brower said...

I'm really glad I was able to witness all of this first hand. The picture of watching Smith doing all of that makes me laugh.


And I've already thought about the aunt status. Thanks for bringing it up. Looks like I've got to try a bit harder, or become Jenni.

Unknown said...

You're moving here?!?! How cool. Where? I live in Santa Monica, at least for a few more months. I am buying a house in Utah within the next 6-8 months... after 7 years in L.A., I'm ready to move home.

Your kids are adorable!! Let me know when you'll be here!

Nan said...

Haha that is great. I love the pic too. The best part is that little kid foot almost in front of Jenni's face. Random.

Cannon Fam said...

Hey, you need to start blogging again! How's CA? Miss ya!

spreading the smitty word