Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Like Geeps, Like Grandson?

I finally got Smith to open up a little about school today as I drove him to soccer practice. He was gabbing away with his friend, and quite at his leisure, so I figured it was a good time to drill the two boys about their new school. I asked Dillon what his favorite part about school was and he gave the obvious reply, "recess." To Smith, I offered up the same question, expecting to get the same answer.

"Well. I like learning the best."

Shocked, I asked what he liked to learn the best.

"Numbers. I like to learn all about numbers."

Not sure I'm related to this kid since I personally liked recess the best. However, as a new Kindergartener Mom, I couldn't be more proud or excited.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aaaww.... that's so cute. congrats on the new little one, by the way! your fam is adorable!

spreading the smitty word