Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Busted

Smith called me at work today and asked what I was doing. "I'm just typing something boring," I replied. Silence filled the phone line. I wondered if Smith had hung up, since silence and Smith usually don't mesh. He spouted out, "You mean you are not going around spying on stuff?" An equally long pause ensued. I just then remembered that when he told me to quit my job and have mom make the money by going to meetings, I told him that I didn't actually go to meetings; I was a secret spy. I then swore him to secrecy, and he allowed me to continue going to work in the mornings. I tried to recover, "No, Smith, I'm really spying on stuff. I forgot you knew my secret." "Dad, I can hear you typing. You're not a spy. Bye." *Click*

2 comments:

Dani said...

Genius, Telling smith you are a spy to cover your real identity of lawyer, which you are clearly doing to cover your true identity as a spy, which is clearly also not true. The truth is so clouded.

tanner

whit said...

has he even looked at you yet? adam, you have got to think quicker than a preschooler!

spreading the smitty word